How to add Facebook Pixel to your Shopify eCommerce store
To add Facebook Pixel to your Shopify store, follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager and navigate to the “Pixels” tab.
- Click “Create a Pixel” and follow the prompts to create a new pixel. Give it a name and accept the terms and conditions.
- Copy the pixel ID that is generated.
- In your Shopify store, go to the “Online Store” section and select “Preferences.”
- Scroll down to the “Facebook Pixel” section and click “Connect.”
- Paste your pixel ID into the “Pixel ID” field and click “Save.”
- Shopify will now automatically add the Facebook Pixel to your store’s checkout pages and other key pages.
- If you want to track additional events, such as when a customer adds a product to their cart or makes a purchase, you will need to add additional code to your Shopify store’s theme. You can do this by following the instructions provided by Facebook or by using a third-party app.
Once you’ve completed these steps, Facebook Pixel will be set up on your Shopify store, and you’ll be able to track visitor behavior and use that information to optimize your ad campaigns.